Thursday, February 11, 2010

LOVE IN TIMES OF STRUGGLE

(A public attempt to express my abiding love and appreciation.)





Oh,

My Lady-Love,

My Delicate Flower,

My Warrior Queen:



Dark Forces and Worldly Foes

Seem devout in their

Efforts to overwhelm us.



I know the battles

Appear unending and

Our times together are too short.

Yet, our love, though bruised,

Stays strong.



Perhaps,

Soon or

In Time,

Or in Valhalla,

Or in heaven

There is an English meadow

Or a warm island beach

Where we can lie down

And hold each other in Peace

And Know that our best was done.



These words may make you cry.

My tears fall as I write.

But, to the End

Please know

That I believe in Us.



All My Love Forever,

Your Bear




1 comment:

Justin said...

Excellent Poem my friend...excellent.
Jusitn